I’ve been in the fitness industry since I was 17yrs old along side theatre school, I wanted to be a ‘pop star!!!!’ lol!!! So Fitness was my back up plan. Then when I was 22 I decided to stop chasing that dream and concentrate on fitness instead. I won the UK Fitness Presenter of the year in 2005 and since then never looked back! I work as a part time tutor & lecturer at a further education college 3 days a week and the rest of the time I run my own community fitness business, I’m a franchisee for KSFL and I work as Business Development Manager for Rachel Holmes.
2. What made you get into Dance/Fitness?
Like I said it was a back up plan to start with but mainly because I had this amazing teacher at college who taught fitness and I wanted to be her!
3. If you were not a Dance/Fitness Instructor, what would you have been?
Well I had to give up the dream of being a ‘pop star!!’ but I think I would of gone into the west end to do musical theatre
4. Can you give our readers your favourite top health/fitness tip?
- 1. Eat 3 high protein meals per day & ditch the snacking.
- 2. Delete sugar from your diet as much as possible. Including fruit for 7 days & see the effect on your mid-section.
- 3. Green veggies are key. Eat plenty with every meal.
- 4. Eat smart fats such as avocados, coconut oil, small handful of nuts & live oils.
- 5. Avoid BOOZE. If you really want a flatter tummy then the nightly pinot just has to go!
- 6. Reduce stress as much as you can. Try meditation, yoga massage or anything to help you chill out.
- 7. Drink 2-3 litres of water a day
- 8. Kick processed food out of your diet and cook from scratch where possible
- 9. Get good quality sleep. Turn of all of your mobile devices, stand bys on TV & sleep in a super dark room
- 10. Low fat = High Sugar or Sweetener
5. Is there anything else you’d like to add?
Love what you do and do what you love – My little moto for EVERYTHING in life x