I am one of these people who struggle to get their five a day in. I try to eat a couple of pieces of fruit everyday and make sure I have veg with my evening meal at least but lets face it, it doesn’t always happen, does it?
I discovered juicing a couple of years ago, I saw an advert on Facebook for Jason Vales 7lb in 7 Days book (Jasons website: http://www.juicemaster.com). I ordered it from Amazon, bought myself a Juicer, a shed load of fruit & veg and got to work! It feels a bit fiddly at first but once you get into the habit of juicing, it becomes second nature!
Everyone should at least have a go at Juicing, it’s a great way of getting fruit & veg into your system!
Here’s one of Jason’s Recipes that I love – enjoy!
Super Chute Juice
- 2 Golden Delicious or Royal Gala apples
- A small chunk of carrot
- 1⁄2 stick of celery
- 1 large handful of mixed green leaves—watercress, kale, parsley, spinach, and whatever other green leafy vegetables are available
- 1 inch slice of cucumber
- 1⁄2 inch of broccoli stem
- 1 small handful of alfalfa sprouts—found in any good health store
- 1⁄4 inch slice of unpeeled raw beet
- 1⁄4 inch slice of courgette
- 1 small piece of lemon—preferably wax-free lemon with rind on
- 1⁄4 inch slice of ginger
- 2 ice cubes
- If you have a whole fruit juicer, all you need to do is place one whole apple in the chute followed by all the other ingredients, finishing off with the other apple.
- Put the machine on the highest speed and push through.
- Pour over ice, and enjoy!